Brooklyn, New York
An accident prone, Professional Dilettante, former assistant to the late, great Stephen Sprouse, with a BFA from The Rhode Island School of Design and an MFA from The New York School of Hard Knocks.
*Use of this website is for entertainment purposes only.
- Exhibit Designer of the Stephen Sprouse Room, part of the exhibit Louis Vuitton: A Passion for Creation at the Hong Kong Museum of Art (May – August 2009) (Installation Photos)
- Exhibition Designer and Co-Curator of Rock On Mars, a retrospective exhibition of the work of Stephen Sprouse at Deitch Projects. (January – February 2009) Responsible for the concept and design of the show to be installed in Deitch Projects’s 6,000 sq ft. 18 Wooster Street gallery featuring the work of Stephen Sprouse (1953-2004), “one of the most influential fashion designers of his time and a key figure in the dynamic mix of punk rock, wild style graffiti, and street influenced fashion that characterized the downtown New York community throughout the 1980s.” (Installation Photos)
Freelance Design/Animation 2001-Present
- After Effects designer and Animator working with various production companies including Spark Productions, Batwin + Robin Productions, Persona Films, Gotham Pictures, Kaleidoscope Productions, Cline Davis and Mann, and Framerunner to create a variety of animated video graphics for clients such as Harley Davidson, Radio City Music Hall, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum Annex, Mercedes Benz, Toyota, Pepsi, Hewlett Packard, Pfizer, IBM and Barnes and Noble. Projects range in scope and scale from 90 ft. long set pieces to 2 inch tall mobile phone advertisements, as well as multi-screen installations.
Design Director/Animator, Gotham Pictures 1997-2005
- Designed and executed award winning graphics for both on-air promotional spots and in house corporate videos for both Fortune 500 companies and small entrepreneurial startups.
- Handled start to finish projects from design to animation to editing and sound editing.
- Designed promotional materials including Gotham Pictures website.
Select Freelance Art and Design Projects 1990-1997
- Museum Installation, Fondazione Pitti Imagine Discovery 2003. Coordinated and realized an 8’x10’ art installation designed by Stephen Sprouse for a group show at the Stazione Leopolda di Firenze gallery in Florence, Italy entitled The 4th Sex. Curated by Francesco Bonami and Raf Simons.
- Painted the faces and tattoos of the mannequins in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Cleveland, OH.
- Art Directed several music videos for Emmy Award winning Director, Stephen Kirklys.
- Created Fashion Illustrations published in The New York Times, Women’s Wear Daily and British Vogue, among others.
- Designed logos, prints and packaging for sportswear companies Phat Farm, Zana-Di, JouJou and others.
- Designed and executed in store designer boutique Isaia NYC, within Barney’s New York.
Design Assistant, Stephen Sprouse 1987-2005
- Designed prints and oversaw print production
- Worked with artists Keith Haring and Kenny Scharf coordinating the production of several specialty prints.
- Designed, engineered and executed a seasonally changing room in the Stephen Sprouse Store
- Styled photo shoots
- Designed advertisements and invitations
- Assisted in concept and execution of several multi-media fashion shows.
- Proficient in current versions of After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Avid Express
- Comfortable on both Mac and Windows platforms
- BFA, Illustration, Rhode Island School of Design